Researcher: Dr Paul Loeffen
Research Institution: Cobalt Light Systems
Cobalt Light Systems is seeking industry partners to support the development of their INSIGHT 100 product through applications for its use and funding.
• The product is the INSIGHT100 liquid explosive detection system that has been widely deployed at 65 EU airports over the last year, including 8 of the top 10 hubs such as Heathrow and Gatwick;
• The product and the technology have a wider application to detect and identify chemical compounds which are concealed behind non-metallic barriers, such as plastic, glass and paper; and
• The product meets the highest standard 3 by ECAC (the European Civil Aviation Conference) and is now in routine operation across Europe for liquid explosive detection at airports.
• The INSIGHT100 product is applicable to airport security, and specifically to the screening of liquids, aerosols and gels for explosives, according to recent EU legislation; and
• The SORS technology in general is applicable to the detection and identification of concealed substances, which could be applicable to EOD, narcotics detection, law enforcement and counterfeit.
• The INSIGHT100 product, and SORS technology, is a unique spectroscopic method to detect and identify chemicals where there is no direct line of sight, behind barriers such as opaque plastic and coloured glass;
• In the aviation security context, the INSIGHT100 product has been shown to have close to 100% detection with operational false alarm rates which are consistently less than 1%; and
• When an item is detected, the chemical is named.
Industry partners are sought for applications for this technology, including customs, police, border protection and military. Industry partners are also sought to provide funding where specific search libraries need to be built up and the target materials are difficult and/or expensive to obtain and use.
Email Dr Paul Loeffen at email@example.com