Researcher: Dr Yulan He
Research Institution: Aston University
Dr Yulan He from Aston University is seeking industry partners to support the commercialization of a social media detection tool for security topics. Partners are also sought to assist with proposal development for future funding applications.
• Real-time detection of security-related social media posts;
• Classification of security-related social media posts into three categories – Law and Crime, War and Conflict and Disaster and Accident;
• Extraction of topics relating to security events or activities from large-scale social media data in real-time;
• Tracking of security-related events over time on social media; and
• Tracking of sentiment and topic-associated sentiment dynamics.
• Defense and security agencies – the developed tool can be used to monitor and track social media relating to security-related events or cyber attacks;
• Government agencies – the tool can be used to analyse citizen’s opinions on government’s policies; and
• Private sectors – the tool can be used to detect and monitor topics about products or services.
• A novel Bayesian modeling approach which identifies security-related contents in social media without the use of labeled data;
• Starting with word priors derived from security-related articles, the model can automatically discover new words describing security-related events through the statistical learning process;
• Efficient online parameter updating procedure which allows the model to adapt dynamically with new data; and
• Storm topology and fast model learning to facilitate the processing of large-scale social media data.
Industry partners are sought to support the commercialization of the tool. Partners are also sought to assist with proposal development for future funding applications.
Email Darian Brookes, IP Business Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org